Eligible students may be nominated by the BMP and may be invited for an interview by the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine the year following their graduation from the BMP.
Selected students will submit an AMCAS application and a secondary application to Geisinger Commonwealth in the year preceding desired entry as a first-year medical student. A student’s application will be accompanied by a committee letter from the BMP faculty endorsing the candidate.
Minimum criteria for eligibility are as follows:
- Achieving a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.5 on a scale of 4.00 in biology, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, and physics
- Achieving a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.5 on a scale of 4.00 in the BMP
- Having no grade in any course below a “C” in the BMP
- Achieving a score of 509 or higher on the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) with a score of at least 126 in each section
- Meeting all professionalism requirements which include no institutional actions, felonies, or misdemeanors listed on the AMCAS application
Geisinger Commonwealth will determine acceptance into the Doctor of Medicine (MD) Program after completion of the interview through its existing process of holistic admission.